Some people will say the morning is the best time. Others will say night. Some will say right after you wake up and right before you go to bed. There's truths in some the advice, but you have to understand that some of the advantages may not apply to you at all. Read on to get the truth.
– Your body hasn't eaten yet, so any calories you burn will come off your stored body fat/energy reserves.
– Working out in the morning gives you that natural high from working out and keeps you energetic for the rest of the day.
– Many runners and even the military workout at this hour because it's convenient, you can shower and eat breakfast and begin your day right afterwards.
– You are fresh in the morning and won't skip a workout because you're tired like after work.
– This is when most people are free to workout.
– The sun is still up outdoors and tons of people are outside to give you that workout feeling.
– This is when most people perform the best. Their body is energetic and warmed up in the afternoon.
– Your body is the most relaxed and loosened at this time of day.
– Great moment for stretching and doing yoga exercises at this hour.
– Working out at this time allows you to have a good night's sleep right after.
– Some people simply perform better at night just because of their body's timing and eating habits.
The truth is, everybody's body is different! And everyone's body will perform best at different times of the day. As long as you warm-up, stretch, eat, and workout properly, you will do fine no matter what time of day you workout! The most important to me is to pick a time when you can have a buddy to workout with you.